As a luxury flower delivery brand based in Dubai, we understand the importance of maintaining the beauty of your flowers. Orchids, in particular, are one of the most beautiful and popular flowers out there. Their exquisite beauty and elegant appearance make them a go-to choice for many people. However, they require proper care and attention to keep them healthy and vibrant. In this blog, we will guide you on how to take care of your orchid, so it lives longer.
First things first, when you receive your orchid through our flower delivery service, make sure to handle it with care. Our florists ensure that your orchid is delivered to you safely and securely. Now, let's dive into the details of taking care of your orchid.
- Watering your orchid is essential for its growth and longevity. It's important to water it sparingly as overwatering can lead to root rot. It's best to water your orchid once a week or when the potting mix feels dry. When watering, make sure to water the roots directly and avoid getting water on the leaves or flowers as it can cause damage. You can water your orchid by soaking it in a basin of water for 15-20 minutes and then draining the excess water.
Light and Temperature
- Orchids need plenty of light to grow but too much direct sunlight can damage the leaves and flowers. It's best to keep your orchid in a spot where it receives indirect sunlight for 4-6 hours a day. Orchids also thrive in temperatures between 18-25°C, so keep them away from direct heat sources such as radiators or air conditioners.
- Orchids thrive in humid conditions as they come from tropical regions. To maintain the ideal humidity level for your orchid, you can place a tray of water near the orchid or use a humidifier. You can also mist the orchid with water once a day to maintain the humidity level.
- Fertilizing your orchid is essential to provide it with the nutrients it needs to grow. Use a balanced fertilizer with equal amounts of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. It's best to fertilize your orchid once a month during the growing season, which is from spring to fall. During the dormant season, which is winter, fertilize your orchid every 2-3 months.
- Pruning your orchid is necessary to maintain its shape and promote growth. You can prune the orchid after it finishes blooming by cutting the stem above the second or third node. This will encourage the orchid to grow new stems and flowers.
In conclusion, taking care of your orchid requires attention and dedication. With the right care, your orchid can live longer and continue to brighten up your home. At our flower shop in Dubai, we provide the best quality orchids that will surely impress you. With our free same-day flower delivery service to all Emirates, you can easily order an orchid for your loved ones. Order now and let us take care of your orchid needs!